Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to go with my Mother to Salvatore's Grand Hotel for a luncheon.  It was given as a Thank You lunch by St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, to donors.  They had a table of literature, and we saw a nice presentation during lunch.  They really do amazing work.  In case you don't know the story,  the Hospital was started by the actor, Danny Thomas.  It' a wonderful story and you can read it here
First they brought the salads and they were crazy good.  Very fancy.  I ate most of it, except for the bleu cheese crumbles on top.  Next they started bringing out the main entree.  Uh Oh.  Chicken!  I simply asked the server quietly if there was a vegetarian option and there was!  He brought out the most delicious pasta, all different shapes, tossed with an evoo and white wine sauce, with roasted artichokes, asparagus and tomatoes.  Everyone at the table was eying it!  Back off lady Mother!  When people at the table asked why I don't eat meat, I simply told them what I usually say, that I don't think animals should have to suffer so that I can eat. Keep in mind that I was the youngest at the table by at least 30 years, yet they were all sincerely interested.  I told them I also try to eat organic when I can, and the sweet little lady next to me  (she was 90!) said it was the preservatives that got her that far! LOL!   At this point I realized that I could have taken photos of the meal and no one would have minded.  Too late.
Here is the dining room, from the lobby
The lobby bar
Looking from the restaurant towards the lobby and hotel
The Maserati GranCabrio Sport parked out front (the owner's?)
Anyway, it was a great day, and a great cause.  
Sunset last night from my Mother's.  I think the rain is finally gone for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be 'chicken', leave a comment!