Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Hav-o Avo-Cado

Don't tell Cali (or they might sic their practically-legal, knife carrying birds on me),  but I've never purchased an avocado before!    I  have no clue what to do with it but it looks pretty, if green's your thang.  There's so many awesome recipes out there that I just can't decide.  
I do know what I'm going to do with this
I'm going to make candied lemon.  The recipe came from here.  Wish me luck.
I also know what I'm going to do with this
Correction - (and a confession) I was going to make that scrumptious looking pie on the front.  But then I read the label and it said "or enjoy right from the package".  And when I opened it, it looked so pudding-like that I just couldn't resist.  OMG.  Do yourself a favor and go out right now and buy this..Just don't bother go to my store.  They won't have any because I claimed it all. And I finally found something that my chicken wing loving husband actually liked!  It's a miracle!
I wanted it for breakfast but I resisted (but just til second breakfast!)
This was first breakfast
Yes orange juice with a side of orange.  And a banana.  For those of you keeping count, that's 3 of the daily 'strive for 5', just at breakfast.  I used to think that having 5 fruits or veggies a day was unattainable, hahahaha.  Quick, how many have you had today?  If you're average, the answer is 1 or 2.  No, french fries don't count.  The pickle and lettuce on your fast food burger don't count.   I'll look the other way if you include the olive in your martini.
My pretty Nemacolin Resorts mug
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is an amazing resort in Pennsylvania that Patti and I went to after we toured Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob.  We had stopped at this little diner for lunch - The Lakeview Diner (where the lake is really a pond and diner is a ummm generous description).  But the owner was great and he told us we needed to go see this resort and we did.  You should definitely go there (but you could should probably skip the diner)
Lunch was soup and a grilled cheese.  Did you catch that last part?  GRILLED CHEESE.
The bread looks kinda pale because I was too excited to wait!  It was so good!  I know you don't believe me but it was like really good, sharp cheddar.
This is the a-mazo- cheese
I've had this in my sights for weeks but was a little afraid to pull the trigger, due to the $4.99 price tag.  Now?  I would gladly pay twice that.  It's that good.  Guilt free cheesey goodness?  Sign me up.
I had cupcakes too!  Specifically, Oatmeal Cookie Cupcakes.
Hidden Mickey anyone?  The recipe is from http://peasandthankyou.com/2011/02/04/cupcake-right-now/  I added chocolate chips to some of them.  Next time maybe I'll try raisins.  Anyway, click that link and read Sarah's blog.  I keep telling you that!  Do it!  She frosted hers but mine disappeared too fast.
Okay, sorry to post and run but I'm 2 seasons into Thirtysomething.  Last time I watched this I was twentysomething.  Now I'm fortysomething and still love it.  Do you remember that series?

5 comments:

  1. I've actually had NO veggies today! Yikes! But i have had 3 servings of fruit, does that count for something??
    and you better add those cupcakes to the list of things you are making me when you get down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much longer are you fortysomething?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend from Tennessee once came to visit me in CA, saw an avocado sitting on our counter, and thought it was a burned potato. She'd never seen one before! haha :-)
    I love Daiya cheese. Isn't it the best?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait til Daiya comes out with the new pepperjack flavor!
    Yes Patti veggies count!
    And I'll be fortysomething for another 4 1/2 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be 'chicken', leave a comment!